Friday, April 24, 2009

Flashback Friday...

In the American spirit of stealing ideas and well, jut stealing ideas, I (after being inspired by a fellow mom's style) am going to try to do these Friday flashbacks. They will be a re-cap of my week. Not only will it help you (whoever you are) keep up with me, but it might also help me keep up with me! 

Friday (4/17/09)
School is long. I have class from 8:00 a.m. until 12:15 p.m. with 10 minute breaks every hour. I also leave school and go straight to work at the Supreme Court, but today I was locked out. So, I went home and worked there. Also did some major cleaning, conveniently saving my atrocious closet for next week, ha! My guys came home a bit late, but it g
ave me a chance to get a lot done. It's so hard to keep the house OCD clean like I would prefer it. I should be used to that, since it hasn't been OCD clean since the week my husband was out of town when I was pregnant.

Saturday (4/18/09)
Hubby off to play basketball at 6:30 a.m. I would NEVER sacrifice my Saturday mornings for anyone but my kids, so more power to him. Madi wakes up about 7, I feed him and we lay in bed for a few hours. He's so sweet, letting me sleep in. I get this feeling it won't last
much longer... Made some breakfast quiche cups. Modified them a bit by adding smoked sausage instead of bacon. They were pretty good. Hubby didn't really like the biscuit part. I usually make these, (and add a bit of pie crust on the bottom) and he seems to like those. I like them both, so in the interest of family unity... Maybe, I'll just keep cooking whatever the hell I feel like cooking! Hubby came home, got Madi ready and they took off running "man errands." That included his first haircut! Mommy was very happy about that. I have been resisting the urge to chop it for about 5 months now. It naturally grew into this frohawk, so we just had it trimmed a bit. It was pretty cute!

Later that evening, we had "date night" with another couple from our neighborhood. We went to eat at Cafe' Do Brazil. It was pretty good. Before we knew it, we were running late to our salsa dancing class. THAT was a lot of fun. It was in Norman, but we had a blast. Sarah, the instructor, taught us a few salsa steps for the first hour and the rest of the time was just freestyle. From time to time she would stop and teach us meringue or other dances. I really enjoyed myself. We also hit a few clubs (which really aren't my thing, but my hubby enjoys them), stopped at Bobo's and headed home.

Sunday (4/19/09)
Hubby and I slept in. Madi was at his Granny's house, so I drove out there to pick him up. There is no telling what he ate out there. So far, I've caught her feeding him root beer floats, candy, chocolate, Dr. Pepper, and pretty much all the stuff I was trying to avoid entering his 
system. So much for making organic baby food for all those months. BTW, I am so glad he is eating table food now. I was at the end of my baby food making rope! Came home, Hubby was at a frat meeting. When he got there we watched "No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency." I love that show. Also spent some time doing NBLSA stuff. We haven't even transitioned yet and I can already see that it will require an inordinate amount of time.

Monday (4/20/09)
No school today, thank God. Madi and I hung around the house for a bit, talked to Z on Skype, then we got ready and I dropped him off at his G-Granny's. Met my hubby for our weekly marriage counseling at noon. This was our fourth week. It's so funny, everytime I tell someone that we're going to marriage counseling, they get this really concerned look. Marriage counseling is not just for "big" issues. In fact, I think it's more productive to go when there are little things so that they don't grow to be "big" issues. I think I'll save more discussion for a post. Headed to my mom's office to work on some NBLSA stuff, then headed to my sister's school to help her with high jump. I was a pretty decent high jumper in HS, but I've been so busy I haven't had time to help her like I (or she) would like. Funny thing is, the girl's been bugging me to help her for months, and then forgot her damn shoes. Ended up helping her teammate more, but whatever. Picked up Madi, headed home, threw on dinner, bathed him and put him to bed. We've been trying this new sleep technique. I like it better than Ferber, that is too traumatic for me. (Yes, I know I said me, and I know parenting is not about "me," but if I can avoid trauma without sacrificing good parenting then I will).

TUESDAY (4/21/09)
Today is Madi's birthday! I can't believe it's been one year! I 
feel like I just brought him home. I skipped work and class and we spent the entire day together. First, we went to the grocery store so he could pick out a little "smash cake." Then we visited his G-Granny, and finally headed over to his Granny's office. Came home, I cooked dinner and then we opened presents and let him have at his cake. That got pretty interesting. It was a really great day. I will post about that separately, too.

Wednesday (4/22/09)
Class from 8:00 a.m. - 10:50 a.m. Ran to grab a letter from Student Services and somehow got dragged into a meeting with a prospective student and the dean. I swear, they need to give me another scholarship, a paycheck, or something for all the stuff they have me doing! But, seeing as how I make such a fuss about not seeing many brown faces around here, I guess I should shut up and help. Grabbed some food around 1:30. Headed back to school. Studied, took a break and had some interesting conversation with classmates (which actually spurred the post before this) and headed home around 10:00 p.m. Got a lot accomplished, but I hate not seeing my baby before he goes to bed. Such is life, it's finals time.

Thursday (4/23/09)
Class from 8:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Grabbed lunch with my law school buddy, ran our mouths for a few hours, then headed to my grandma's (G-Granny) to hang out with her and mom (Granny), my two favorite women. Had an interesting conversation with my father (another subject that requires a separate post), and spent some time watching my son go between his granny's being spoiled at every turn. That used to be me, lol. What a charmed life. After a few hours, we headed home, I threw on some dinner and retreated to our room to do some studying. I ended up watching College Hill for the first time. Drama. Enjoyable, but I'm sure I lost a few brain cells.

1 comment:

  1. You're such a busy bee, and I'm so happy to know what's been going on. Happy Birthday again, Madi! Too bad I didn't get to Skype with you guys on Madi's birthday. It looks like he enjoyed that cake. whew! Smart to put down "tarp" for his destructive process. I am trying something new these days. Check it out at zdubb.com

    ReplyDelete